Consumer Connections is a nationally recognized program which recruits, trains, and supports consumers of mental health services working to become providers of mental health services. The program works with mental health providers in New Jersey to expand employment opportunities for consumer providers. Consumer Connections offers courses which meet the educational requirements and lead to Certification as a Recovery Support Practitioner (CRSP). For more information on the CRSP certification, please visit www.certbd.org. For more information on Consumer Connections please email firstname.lastname@example.org; or contact Chrissy Schayer, Director, at (848) 480-0916.
Consumer Connections is not accepting applications at this time. Please check back for our next open application period beginning on March 24th!
Anyone interested in attending the Consumer Connections CORE training will be required to complete the following process:
- Complete and submit the Consumer Connections CORE training application
- Complete and submit the appropriate referral form (below)
- Possible participation in a phone interview
Consumer Connections is not currently accepting applications for its CORE training. Our next application period will begin on March 24th and will be for the Northern NJ session.
- Employer Referral Form: This form should be completed if the applicant is employed in a peer position at a NJ DMHAS funded program AND the employer is supporting the applicant’s potential attendance at the Consumer Connections CORE training. This form is completed by the employer and is only available during an open application period.
- Self-Referral Form: This form should be completed if the applicant is NOT employed in a peer position at a NJ DMHAS funded program OR does not have the support of their employer to attend this training. The self-referral form is completed by the applicant and is only available during an open application period.
If you need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com or by calling (848) 480-0916.
***Consumer Connections is not currently accepting applications for the CORE training. If you are interested in applying for a future session, please view our 2019 training announcement here:2019 announcement