The MHANJ maintains policy position papers on important matters pertaining to behavioral health issues in the state of New Jersey.
As the landscape of New Jersey’s system of behavioral health care is constantly evolving, the Government Affairs team at MHANJ composes frequent policy position papers, which are used to:
1. Solidify MHANJ’s stance on impactful legislation, policy, and service delivery issues.
2. Safeguard the rights of individuals engaged with behavioral health care services across the state.
3. Enhance public awareness of behavioral health issues impacting New Jersey.
4. Advocate with legislators and key policymakers at the State and local levels.
Listed below are policy positions on behavioral health-related issues that have been accepted by the MHANJ Board of Directors. For the MHANJ’s stance on issues that are not listed below, please contact Barb Johnston, Director, Policy & Advocacy at email@example.com.
- Backgrounder on Mobile Crisis – 988
- Access to Mental Health Treatment – Policy Paper
- Employment: A Key to System Transformation – Policy Paper
- Housing – Policy Paper
- Integrating Physical and Behavioral Health Care – Policy Paper
- Lien Legislation – Policy Paper
- Medication – Policy Paper
- New Vision for Mental Health Services Based on Wellness & Recovery – Policy Paper
- Position on Outpatient Commitment – Policy Paper
- Regarding the Use of Tobacco – Policy Paper
- Sexual Harassment, Abuse, or Assault – Policy Paper
- Supported Employment – Policy Paper
- System of Care for Teenagers and Children – Policy Paper
Residential Health Care Facilities (RHCF) Due Process Brochures:
– Residential Health Care Facilities Due Process Information – Printable, English
– Residential Health Care Facilities Due Process Information – Printable, Spanish
For more information on policy and advocacy updates, please subscribe to our Cutting Edge Newsletter or contact:
Barb Johnston, Director, Policy & Advocacy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 571-4100, ext. 137.
Amanda Kolacy, Community Advocate, at email@example.com or (732)-882-3300.