MHANJ Government Affairs
What We Do
The MHANJ Government Affairs (GA) Team works to ensure that New Jersey residents have access to quality behavioral health care (mental health and substance use). We advocate for integrated behavioral and physical health care. We are proactive in supporting parity for behavioral health with physical health care. The GA team manages MHANJ’s advocacy, legislative and public policy work on the state and national level. This is accomplished through working with legislators and key governmental leadership officials; assuring a strong peer/consumer voice while supporting choice and the rights of individuals. The GA team operates under the core belief that wellness and recovery is attainable.
Policy and Advocacy
- Network Adequacy Study
- MHANJ Medicaid LogistiCare Transportation Feedback Study
- Psychiatric Advance Directives
- Cutting Edge E-Newsletter
Listed below are policy positions on mental health-related issues that have been accepted by the MHANJ Board of Directors. For the MHANJ’s stance on issues that are not listed below, please contact Barbara Johnston, Director, Policy & Advocacy at email@example.com.
- Integrating Physical and Behavioral Health Care
- Medication Assisted Treatment
- Access to Behavioral Health Treatment
- Employment For People with Mental Illness – A key to System Transformation
- Housing Policy
- Lien Law
- Medication Policy
- New Vision for Mental health Services based on Wellness and Recovery
- Position on Outpatient Commitment
- Supported Employment
- Regarding the Use of Tobacco
- Sexual Harassment and Assault against Mental Health Consumers
- System of Care for Teenagers and Children
Reasons to VOTE:
- Being a registered Voter gives you the power to have your voice heard!
- Every election (big or small) matters and your vote matters
- Eho you choose to run your local, State and National government has a direct impact on your life
Have a Policy or Advocacy Issue or Question? Contact Us!
Barb Johnston, Director, Policy & Advocacy | firstname.lastname@example.org | 973-571-4100 ext. 133
Cynthia Spadola, Community Advocate | email@example.com | 973-865-3938 (cell)