Dog Costume Contest Rules — October 2021
Mental Health Association in New Jersey’s Dog Costume Contest Rules
- HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins at 9:30 A.M. E.T. on October 2, 2021 and ends on October 27, 2021 at 12:01 P.M. E.T. To enter email your dog’s photo showing how it is going to be dressed up for Halloween to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name, address and phone number. Include, if applicable, the name or team name under which you are registered for Mental Health Association in New Jersey’s 14th Annual Walk for Wellness in Partnership with Tri-State Canine Response Team (a virtual event starting October 2, 2021). Limit one entry per dog. Costume and/or dressed-up appearance may not convey disrespectful characterization of mental health and/or substance use disorders or any physical illness or mental or physical disability. Entries/photos become sole property of the Sponsors (the Mental Health Association in New Jersey and Tri-State Canine Response Team). By entering, Entrant warrants that his or her entry/photo (1) is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, (2) has not been published in any medium or (3) has not won an award. By entering, entrant also agrees that his or her photo and information may be posted online by the Sponsors, used in eblasts, print, press releases and published online, traditional and broadcast media without further notice or compensation for any reason by Sponsor.
- JUDGING: All entries will be judged by representatives of the Sponsors, based on the following criteria: Originality (25%); Creativity (50%); and Appropriateness (25%). In the event of a tie, an additional “tie-breaker” judge will determine the Winner from among all such tied entries using the judging criteria above. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Winner will be announced on November 1 at the Zoom Virtual Walk Closing Ceremony, at a designated time which will be announced.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to residents of New Jersey 13 years or older at time of entry who either own a dog or have permission to photograph another owner’s dog. (“Entrant(s)”). Void where prohibited by law.
- PRIZES AND VERIFIABLE RETAIL VALUE: There will be three prizes: First Place $50 gift card to PetSmart, Second Prize: $35 gift card to PetSmart, Third Prize: $25 gift card to PetSmart. All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the Winner. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The prize is awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind. Gift cards are subject to all terms and conditions of PetSmart.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize (or prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate Sponsor to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant represents that photo, and other materials submitted as part of Entrant’s Contest entry are original and will not constitute defamation or an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all rights and titles. In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s (both human owner and dog) names, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Potential Winner, as a condition of receiving any prize, also may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release and confirmation of a license as set forth above within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification, certifying, among other things, the following: (a) entry does not defame or invade the privacy of any party; (b) entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party; and (c) the materials submitted are original and have never been published and entry has never won an award. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use Winner’s name, location,likeness, entry submission photo and other materials submitted for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and Winners agree to hold Sponsor and its promotional partners, its directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation.