Celebrating 75 Years of Leadership, Innovation and Social Justice
A Significant Past…A Hopeful Future
Serving Individuals with Mental Illness and Addiction and Their Families
The Mental Health Association in New Jersey (MHANJ) is marking its 75th year of service. There is much to celebrate!
The depth of our reach is fascinating. The MHANJ’s history is rich with contributions and progress in our mission of improving mental health and addressing addiction issues in the State of New Jersey. For instance, did you know that we led the charge for peer advocacy and empowerment by starting the first peer-led self-help groups in the 1960s? Are you aware that we played an important role in responding to disasters including 9/11, Superstorm Sandy and the opioid addiction crisis? These are just a few examples. We will be sharing many more.
We hope you will join us throughout the year for many special events and celebrations.
Thank you for your interest and ongoing support of the MHANJ.
Let the celebrating begin!
Carolyn Beauchamp Harold B. Garwin, Esq.
President and CEO Chairman of the Board of Trustees
MHANJ’s 75th Anniversary Celebration Calendar of Events
- February 5, 2019: Panel Discussion and Mental Health Awareness Night with the NJ Devils
- March 2019: Statewide Peer Event, including Job Fair
- April – May 2019: Youth Mental Health Art Project Announcement
- May 2019: Open House for Our Community Partners
- May 2019: Mental Health Association in Atlantic County Night of Excellence
- May 2019: MHANJ Statewide Policy/Education Symposium with Reception
- October 2019: Statewide Walk
- October 2019: Ocean County Color Run
- December 2019: Gala
If you have any questions or need more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-571-4100, ext.128.