NJMentalHealthCares is New Jersey’s mental health information and referral service. Our staff of mental health professionals uses their experience and understanding of the mental health system to provide callers to information and connect them to the mental health and services they need, such as: legal, housing, employment, rehabilitation, inpatient and outpatient, self help and more.
The Mental Health Association in New Jersey’s New Jersey MentalHealthCares Helpline also began to accept calls during its regular hours (weekdays, 8 am to 8 pm) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. The average answer time for a call is 15 seconds or less.
• 1-866-202-HELP(4357) (TTY 1-877-294-4356) — free, confidential mental health information and referral.
• Live service is provided from 8 a.m. to 12 a.m. daily; other times callers may leave a message for a return call.
• NJMentalHealthCares does not provide crisis intervention. For emergencies call 911!
• Calls are answered by a knowledgeable mental health professional.
• They use most up-to-date listing of NJ’s public mental health services.
• Callers may search an on-line database.
• There is follow-up to assure satisfaction with referrals.
• Calls may be transferred to a service; the counselor may stay on the line until the caller is comfortable.
Click here for more information about NJMentalHealthCares.